Green Valley Academy Professional Staff members challenge according to each child’s ability level. Although Green Valley Academy is an alternative placement, instruction is individualized in each subject area and students are encouraged to achieve their highest personal academic standards.
- This year, Green Valley Academy is implementing new curricula into our classrooms.
- Those new curricula include: Saxon Math, Reading and Science A-Z, and Handwriting Without Tears.
- All curricula that is used is selected and tailored to each student’s individual needs.
Not only is Green Valley Academy implementing new curricula into the classrooms, but we are also proud to announce that our own Mrs. Heather Whitmore has recently become certified as a reading specialist. Mrs. Whitmore will be using her skills to assess the students on their reading levels which will help to improve reading comprehension in the classroom overall.
Our highly qualified, well-experienced educators offer: Clear Standards, Fair Assessment, Individualized Instruction and an Appropriate Selection of Materials and Resources for learning. Remediation is available for those in need of additional support. Individualized Educational Plans (IEP) are implemented.
- Algebra 1 and 2
- Elementary/Middle Language Arts
- US Government
- Intro to Physics
- World Literature
- Elementary/Middle Math
- European Literature
- American Literature
- Environmental Science
- Elementary/Middle Science
- European History
- American History
- Advanced Math
- Elementary Reading
- Music Appreciation
- Social Services/Social Skills