Green Valley Academy Professional Staff members challenge according to each child’s ability level. Although Green Valley Academy is an alternative placement, instruction is individualized in each subject area and students are encouraged to achieve their highest personal academic standards.
Green Valley Academy prepares students for college placement, as 90% of all graduates enroll in higher education. Some college acceptances achieved by our students have been: Brown University, Manor College, St. Andrew’s University in Scotland, Villanova University and many more institutions of higher learning.
Our highly qualified, well-experienced educators offer: Clear Standards, Fair Assessment, Individualized Instruction and an Appropriate Selection of Materials and Resources for learning. Remediation is available for those in need of additional support. Individualized Educational Plans (IEP) are implemented.
- For Students with fear-based anxiety caused by: illness, family crisis, bullying in previous placement, post traumatic stress, eating disorders, high functioning autistic and other challenge
- Hours: 8:30 to 2:30 Monday through Friday
- Grades 6 through 12
- 6:1 student teacher ratio
- Thirteenth year and Transitional Programs available
- Teachers are PA State Certified
- College-bound courses taught
- einforcement of socialization skills
- Monthly update to parents
- Quarterly Report Cards are issued
- Emotional support available
- Most homework is done at Green Valley
- Block Schedule
- Art program offered
- Students with or without IEP enrolled
- Weekly meeting with a psychologist available