All emotional and academic interventions used are geared toward students with school-avoidance behavior.
- Green Valley Professional Staff Members, associated Therapeutic Staff Support Members (TSS) and /or Behavioral Specialist Consultants (BSC) develop individualized plans that offer Clear Standards and Fair Assessment.
- Positive Behavioral Support Plans (PBSP) required through the IEP for student are presented, reviewed and revised as needed, implemented and monitored.
- Behavioral strategies may include:
- Antecedent (Prevention) Strategies, the Encouragement of Replacement Behavior and Carefully Planned Consequences (Positive Reinforcement or Redirection). Plans can also be designed for those who do not have IEP Behavioral Requirements.
- Progress is communicated by professional staff members to parents/guardians and associated school districts on a regular basis.
- Families are invited to share concerns and are encouraged to participate in the devised plans that assist with improved academic learning.
- Green Valley offers a safe environment for academics and emotional progression.
- GVA implements class size policies that provide a maximum teacher to student ratio of 1:6.
- Focus is placed on the student’s individual needs and interests.
- Individualized instruction is one of the most important ways that our students thrive and stay engaged in their academics.