GVA is for Students…
- with or without an Individual Educational Plan (IEP)
- who need an accelerated pace
- who need remediation
- who are referred by local schools (usually those who need a homelike, safe environment due to issues related to anxiety and fear)
- whose parents want support for home schooling
- who may have some emotional and learning differences
- who want a private and safe environment in which to learn
If you know of a child who suffers from fear-based anxiety caused by illness, family crisis, bullying in previous placement, post traumatic stress, eating disorders, high functioning autism, or other challenges, please refer them to GVA.
We have developed a successful program to make sure that these youngsters stay in school. We have a 98% success rate. The only students who have not found success are those who are not yet stabilized on medication.
In the past several years, we have taken students from hiding under their beds to graduating and attending premier programs at Brown, Manor, and Temple. We also graduated a young lady who now attends St. Andrew’s in Scotland.